Internship at Aigen
We are always on the lookout for exceptional interns/coop students throughout the year for the following positions:
- Data Scientist
- Research Engineer
- Quantitative Researcher
Who we are
Aigen Investment Management is a hedge fund with a focus on global systematic investment strategies. We are a young firm built on a long history of a successful and reputable team within Morgan Stanley. Joining us means that you will get the best of both worlds: startup’s day-one vibe and your potential to create a significant impact; established-team’s deep understanding of the industry and big picture vision.
Our team consists of researchers and technologists who came from top-tier firms and academic institutions. We work together everyday to build systems that process large volumes of data, extract insights, make investment decisions based on sophisticated models, and execute trades across the global financial markets. We have a wide range of interesting and challenging problems in areas such as machine learning, distributed computing, and data analysis.
We are extremely passionate about being a first-class investment team where we empower each other to reach our best potential. We pride ourselves on being technology-forward. Innovation, automation, and efficiency are part of our core values. We are committed to develop people and reward contributions. We create a collaborative environment where juniors get plenty of mentorship and we surround people with creative and kind over-achievers.
The qualities that we look for on an ideal candidate can be summarized by three phrases: think big; get stuff done; and have fun. If you are as excited as we are about applying machine learning and statistics to find inefficiency in the financial markets, or building systems to run large-scale distributed computations, or developing storage architecture for storing massive and/or heterogeneous datasets, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do
You will work in a collaborative environment to make an direct impact to our firm. Depending on your interest, you will be matched to a personalized project with a mentor, and work alongside our research and engineering teams to deliver the final product.
We are deeply committed to developing talent, and put a great deal of thought into our internship projects. You will receive lots of guidance along the way while having the freedom to shape and define it according to your vision.
Our goal is to keep you engaged and be excited to come to work every day!
What we look for
Note: background in finance is NOT necessary.
For all positions:
- More than 3 years' experience and strong proficiency in one or more programming languages: Python, R, C, C++
- Solid understanding in algorithms and data structure
- Strong intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivation to solve problems and make an impact
- Students pursuing degrees in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics or other technical and quantitative disciplines
Additional requirements for Research Engineer:
- Experienced with shell scripting
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of distributed computing is a plus
Additional requirements for Quantitative Researcher/Data Scientists:
- Solid foundation in one or more of the following subjects: machine learning, statistics, probability, optimization
- Passion or experiences in working with real-world datasets
What we offer
- Competitive salary and relocation benefits
- Premium snacks and beverages
- Weekly onsite Yoga classes
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org